|"The English Channel: July, 2089 AD"|
|Series 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||29 September 1984|
|Adapted by||Alick Rowe|
|Directed by||Graham Theakston|
England: July, 2089 AD
France: July, 2089 AD
The English Channel: July, 2089 AD is the third episode of Series 1.
Will and Henry find out that they are on the right ship after all as they meet Captain Curtis. However, the Captain isn't what the boys thought. He demands money and then has them locked in the hold. Narrowly escaping detection by Black Guards inspecting the ship, Will Henry sneak off in France and are arrested by the French Black Guards. They meet Beanpole while waiting Capping in a cell and the French boy volunteers to help them escape. This he does and afterwards joins the team as they continue their journey to the White Mountains.
- Cave entrance - Charlestown Harbour, Charlestown, Cornwall, UK
- John Shackley as Will Parker
- Jim Baker as Henry Parker
- Ceri Seel as Beanpole
- Harry Meacher as Captain Curtis
- James Staddon as Nick
- John Michael McCarthy as Mate
- Marcus Powell as the cook
- Paul Ridley as French officer
- Jeremy Clyne as French sergeant
- Rolf Saxon as French guard
- This is the first episode to feature the Black Guards.