|"France: October, 2089 AD"|
|Series 1, Episode 11|
|Air date||25 November 1984|
|Adapted by||Alick Rowe|
|Directed by||Christopher Barry|
France: September, 2089 AD
France: October, 2089 AD
France: October, 2089 AD is the eleventh episode of Series 1.
Will, Henry and Beanpole continue their journey and cross a river. They meet people on their way to a festival and decide to go there as well, being in desperate need of food. Once at the festival, the boys try to steal food but are spotted, and a chase ensues. Fleeing into a forbidden forest, they confront vagrants who have organized themselves into a tribe and are severely mad. Fleeing once more, the boys are caught by the festival people as they leave the vagrant forest. They are told that they will stand trial for their deeds and after that be capped.
- Waterfall - Swallow Falls, Betws-y-Coed, Gwynedd, Wales, UK
- Viaduct - Pensford viaduct, Pensford, UK
- French festival location - Haughmond Abbey ruins, Uffington, Oxfordshire, UK
- French village archway - Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales, UK
- French village court house - Town Hall in the Hercules room, Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales, UK
- No Tripods appear in this episode. They are mentioned, however.